27.1.12

interview with frank rodas


Frank Rodas will be bringing the fire to output on thursday (02.02.12) at the cellar
as quite an intriguing sort of fellow, we thought we'd ask him a few questions beforehand 
it went like this....

q. why Frank Rodas? Can you give us a little history behind the name?

The name comes from a translatory malfunction, a friend of mine thought a Japanese man was saying Frank Rodas, he was in fact saying Flying Lotus. (Not racist). 

q. so you're originally from Bournemouth (well when we met you), how did you end up in London?

I moved to London 2 years ago, I was sick of Bournemouth & it's lack of anything worthwhile, I also work for a music distribution company here called State 51.

 q. how did you get into production?

I got into production a couple of years ago, I started off making some spectacularly lame UKF/Dancehall edits & decided that I'd actually like to make some proper stuff & now I can't stop.

q. can you tell us about the releases/ projects you have got lined up?

My track 'Kick It VIP' will be coming out soon on a Label Jackmaster & Rubadub are setting up & I've got something else on the forthcoming WolfMusic Compilation. I seem to be getting some nice support from producers I really respect, but mainly I'm concerned with developing my production style at the moment.

Also I've been meaning to get together with a chap called Enchante for ages, he puts stuff out on Greco Roman, it will happen soon.

q. what artists/ labels are doing it for you at the moment?

I really like Kuedo's new album, Altered Natives is criminally underrated & the Drexciya reissues sound amazing.

Labels: Eglo / Ghostbox / 50 Weapons are all putting out different & great music.
q. drink of choice?

Tea or Beer

looking forward too seeing you on thursday! 



output x 

No comments:

Post a Comment